Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 14 - Saturday, August 15

Hangover again! We left a bit late, at 2pm, after a great breakfast with Nick and Martha. What a sweet girl! Nick, right on!

We crossed the ferry to Vancouver Island at 4pm but I slept through the whole ride. I was so tired! In mainland we got lost and ended up at the Canada-US border, close to Seattle. I would not mind drive an extra 180 kms to visit this American city, but we are running out of time. We turned back and took us a while to find the right highway: bad signing.
Finally, highway 3 was a very beautiful and winding road with big trees, mountains and lakes – very BCish. I gave up driving at around 11pm, but Mike decided to keep going. I fell asleep and he drove until 7am next morning, to Lethbridge, Alberta.





Balance day 14
Kms: 1,250 (WOW!)
Hours: 17 hoursFrom to: Victoria, BC to Lethbridge, AB
Animals: many deer at night
Hotel: our car for FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment