Thursday, October 8, 2009

OVERNIGHT TRAIN ADVENTURE - FROM PRAGUE TO WARSAW, LIKE SARDINES IN A CAN!

People have been travelling overnight in trains for more than century, but it was really the first time for my parents, so I wanted to make it an unforgettable experience. Well, I think I succeed. We took a 10 hour train ride from Prague to Warsaw, in Poland.


To make it more comfortable, we each paid and extra 14 euros (the normal tickets was 50 euros) to get a cabin, but I think my parents had a different idea about being comfortable. The cabin was tiny, with 3 beds on one side and just enough space for our 6 pieces of luggage on the other side. (Yes, we have been travelling with 2 bags each!). The corridor was so narrow, that two people could barely pass each other. I guess my dad's belly counts as an extra person, because he had to get into the cabin if anyone wanted to pass by us.


Anyway, the train was moving really fast and shaking a lot. The door between wagons was broken, so the noise was louder than it should be. And my bed was in a different cabin, with two other girls, so my parents shared the cabin with a stranger - luckily a nice Czech gentlemen. The Polish man in charge of our wagon was not the best people's person. He basically yelled at everyone to maintain order in the train. He woke us up in the morning knocking on the door, opening it and shouting the question: TEA OR COFFEE? And off he went, banging the door behind him. Anyway, my parents loved the experience and we got in Warsaw safe. I just don't think they are looking forward to another overnight train adventure any time soon!

1 comment:

  1. Gabi, que delícia...tô viajando junto contigo! beijos, Maíra

    ReplyDelete