Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 15 - Oct. 05 - Monday

BERLIN- PRAGUE

It was a beautiful and fun train ride from Berlin to Prague, in Czech Republic. The scenery was fantastic with many castles ruins over hills. After 5 hours we our in the most beautiful city in Europe, in my opinion.






The train stopped in Dresden in Germany. We didn't visit this town, but we met a Brazilian family in the train (Cristina, Eduardo e Dudinha) who told us that Dresden is absolutely beautiful! We will definitely check it out next time.

















I used to tie my shoes like that in grade one. My dad still does it. Cute!!!!


This is Jana, our "tour guide" that approached us in the train station. it is common that people stay on platforms waiting for tourists to help them out to find accommodation in exchange of some commission from hotels. She was really sweet! We acted like a real tour guide, providing us maps and showing us the main attractions. She spoke perfect English and was smiling all the time. Jana helped us to carry our luggage and took us right to our room in the hotel. She also joked around with us and didn't want to accept our 5 euros tip. But we insisted and she said thank you in many different languages until she got it in Portuguese, followed by a big laugh. If anyone needs help in Prague, please let me know. I can hook you up with Jana. She was great!


We are staying on the very top of the Old Prague Hotel - a 3 star hotel. We are paying 70 euros a night for 3 people, breakfast (in the room) included. I think it is a good deal, considering that we are less than 5 minutes walking from the main square.



After doing the check in we left for a walk in the old city. This is in the main square. I realized how beautiful this city really is. I was here 12 years ago, but I have forgotten how impressed I was when I first visited it. Vienna and St. Petersburg are also on the top of the list, but Prague is the best of the best in beauty.


















Czech Republic is suppose to have the cheapest beer in the world. And the nicest too, I believe.



























When we came back, my dad turned the TV on and this game show was on air. I dare the male readers of this blog to find the solution to this mathematical problem... I guarantee you: it's not two (big ones)!
Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment