Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 2 - Sept. 22 - Tuesday

Paris

My parents arrived in Paris 3 hours after me. It was really nice to see them, although we were all extremelly tired. I didn't sleep at all at night and all day. But we are in Paris, and nothing else matters!



They adopted the backback style. For how much longer????
I can walk around all day taking pictures of Paris, its cafes, people and buildings. But there are also lots of green spaces around.





Our first meal in Paris was in a cafe close to our hotel.What a great atmosphere! People know how to enjoy life here! The clients are regulars, they bring their dogs and they smoke away everywhere, but not inside. Today, a couple of clients brought their dogs in and other people around were feeding them left overs - the dogs. Details that make us think why we have so many rules in Canada and why we worry so much about small things. Anyway... everybody here looks so... FRENCH!!!!
There are tons of Brazilians in Paris, tourists or people living here as well. You hear Brazilian Portuguese everywhere. Our hotel is filled with them. There are a couple of Brazilian restaurants around here. Pure coincidence!










We went for a walk this afternoon and of course I made us get lost a thousand times. But luckly all the streets are so nice that it doesn't matter.
We are staying close to the Place de La Republique. The subway- called metro - here works great and we had no problem using it today.










We also visited the Place de La Bastille.



















Here is the famous Seine River that cuts Paris and is seing in thousands of movies.



















To finish the day, we visited the Notre Dame, a French Gothic masterpiece. This church was built seven centuries ago and it is a must-see-attraction. The architecture is amazing. So much details. Reminded me a little bit of Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. The following pictures are from the back, and then from the front. I did not go in because I prefered stay outside admiring it's beauty, but my parents visited inside and said it is beautiful as well.






























































We were so exausted after a long day of walking. At 4pm we headed back to the hotel. My dad fell sleep instanteanously.
I decided to come down to the hotel lobby - where we have wireless internet - and update this blog instead. I think it will be better to just catch up my sleep in the next night. Who cares??? WE ARE IN PARIS!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment