Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Finally at Fort Irwin!


It's been a long day, but finally we got at the National Training Centre at Fort Irwin. We are all exausted and very soon I have to rush back to my barracks because the lights will shut off sometime after 9pm. This place is so big that I won't be surprise if I have trouble going back. Right now I am using the internet at the Starbucks in the base.










Anyway, it's been a great day. I've met my colleagues as well as a couple of my instructors and it seems like this is a great group.

The trip over here was amazing, with a windown seat, overlooking the rockies! Check these photos out. I got to San Francisco and then Vegas where a military van was waiting for us. Well, after travelling for almost 19 hours - from the moment I got up this morning- I think I should have a rest.















Today we just learned about our beds and washrooms around. Tomorrow we will have a more complete orientation. But it's all new and exciting for me. Even being in a coffee shop surrounded by soldiers in uniform, looks pretty surreal for me. I guess I will get used to it very soon, especially because everyone has been really nice to us.





My bunk bed is waiting for me. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment