Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bye Canada! Hello Brazil!

Every year we head down to Brazil once to see my family and of course, to have a little break from the harsh winter in Canada. This year we ended up going down a bit late, but it is still good. Mike is going for only 2 weeks and I am staying in the tropical land for 6 weeks. Not bad, eh? Well, I will try to post some pictures here and information about this beautiful country. Here is the schedule: 4 weeks in Florianopolis, this beautiful tropical island in southern Brazil. Then Aracaju, on the northeast coast of the country, where I will visit my friend Rita, Carlos and Ravi for a week. And the last week will be in Sao Paulo and Campinas, for work. Enjoy!


This is for Bryn and Phoebe. I was watching lots of cartoons on the plane. Also saw the movie An Education. I liked it. He met us down there in Sao Paulo. Can you imagine a Brazilian Super Man?

Mike´s first thing: cafezinho. To his disapointment, there is a Pizza Hut where there used to be a Casa do Pao de Queijo. Tip: try not to buy anything at Sao Paulo´s airport. Prices are 3 times more than outside. Maybe even more... It´s ridiculous!

Outside of the airport. What´s wrong here? Oh well, it is just a sign...

Enjoying the sun and humidity. It´s 30 degrees outside!

And if it is that hot, why not have a very cold beer? You can drink outside, anywhere...


What´s wrong here?? Oh well, it is just a sign... Again!

On the flight down to Florianopolis. I was having such a good time with the clouds. Childhood memories...

Is it a bear?


If I am day dreaming with the clouds, Mike is really dreaming...

Hot sandwich with beer or pop on a 55 minute flight, for free. I love TAM!

Arriving at the Santa Catarina Island - Florianopolis. This is where I grew up. Photo of Joaquina Beach.

Just off the big island, Campeche Island, the most beautiful beach in Florianopolis. You get there from Armacao Beach, on a fishermen´s boat. You can´t stay overnight on the island, but a day tour for about $10 is a must do thing while in Florianopolis.

Southeast of the big island - Florianopolis. This is where Mike and I will be staying.

Finally, after 21 hours, we landed at the Florianopolis airport.

A nice talk with my dad, "doto" Ney. With a beer, of course!

Just the girls...
The family dinner.

Grandad Ney with Vitor and Carol.
Juca and Leo being silly with their new Canada hoodies.

1 comment:

  1. I´ve really loved this intro.

    Love and kiss from your "cute" little brother (well, I guess).

    Juca

    ReplyDelete