Saturday, January 28, 2023

About Hotel Parque México Boutique


I was looking for the "real" Mexican experience when I booked a hotel for this trip - beside location, of course. Hotel Boutiques normally offer a bit more of character to our get aways, so I searched for those. The pictures online captivated my attention, but it wasn't till I got here that I saw how beautiful this really is.



The place is filled with local art. This is the door to the elevator that take us to the patio restaurant on the third floor, when I had breakfast included in the price.


The breakfast is a piece of patisserie/bred, orange juice, coffee or tea and some kind off egg plate. 
Today I had huevos rancheros. Delicious!


The whole restaurant is covered in traditional masks.


The bar. The place has a balcony overseeing the Parque México.


Jaguar masks.


Besides the terrace, the restaurant extends to this other quieter area.


Arts and cactus. A perfect Mexican combination.


I absolutely love the floors.


I was told by a friendly front desk worker, that this building was built in the 1920s as apartments. In the 90s it was converted in an art gallery and most recently turned into a boutique hotel. Most of the art pieces came from the gallery.


This is the centre area that gives access to the rooms in the second floor.


A big mural covers the back wall of the middle corridor. 

Although the place has problems like late night noise, and old shower with low water pressure, I am still enjoying my stay. The staff is very welcoming and the the location could not be better. La Condessa neighbourhood is one of the hipsters area in Mexico City. 

Even if you choose to stay in a different place, I recommend a visit to the terrace restaurant for a drink and appreciation of the art here, if you are in the area.

PS. I am not receiving any benefit to write good things about this hotel. I am genuinely enjoying the experience of staying in a fun and tasteful place. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment