Friday, August 25, 2017

London, I am back! (after 20 years)




It all started here, 20 years ago. 
I was a young and adventurous girls, looking for some fun and to learn English. I chose the land of the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, David Bowie and Fred Mercury. 
Really, is there a more inspiring place on earth?
Today I came back with my family. 
Nice to see you again, England!


Stunning art at Heathrow airport.


We got the London Express train that got us to Paddington Station in 15 minutes, then we got the underground to Angel. 


Mike took this picture because I was trying really hard to overcome my tiredness after an all night trip with barely any sleep. But I am really happy to be here. For sure.


We've always prefer to get apartments instead of hotel rooms with the kids. It just gives us more space, freedom and support to cook and eat better. It is also cheaper. 
They've got to try the bed as soon as they get in.


Our AirBnB is in Islington, close to Angel underground. 
This was one of the three neighbourhood I lived in 1997, during my 6 month stay in London. 


Obviously my life was much more modest back then and I was sharing a three bedroom house with 11 other people... yes! FOUR people in each room. 
Today, walking around I realize that this is an amazingly fancy neighbourhood.
And so close to downtown London.

                                     


My friends back then used to call me Mrs. Tesco for fun because I loved Tesco supermarket. The beauty of this chain is that they have a generic line and you can get everything way cheaper. Tesco toilet paper, Tesco bread, Tesco beer. My house was Tesco land.


 I tried to repeat the trend today and got Tesco stuff as much as I could.
Nostalgia.


First street art we spotted.
Julia said with an English accent: "that's not a proper pose of the queen!"


Since we lost 5 hours because of the time change, it was evening pretty fast for us.
So, we just went for a walk on the main road here and park. Things were really happening, it is Friday, after all.


Hipsters can so be found here.
And it is not totally illegal to drink in public.


The old and the new.


Friday evening outside of Angel Station.


We are done! 
Sofia needed a little help to get back to the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment